About The Ghosts

My photo
United States
I am 19, I am female, I am a novelist and I will be joining the United States Marine Corps. I have two blogs: Memories of Ghosts and MitreSquareMurder. MitreSquareMurder is where I make personal observations and random historical rants about Victorian, Edwardian & Georgian nonsense, as well as other random bits of history. Old photographs, odd quotes and forgotten bits of things that never made the textbooks. Memories of Ghosts is a blog for the fourteen other people with whom I share my life. I call them my 'room-mates' - you might call them ghosts. They aren't alive, now, but they were, once, and since I was a child, they've shared memories and stories with me and helped support me and take care of me in everything I did. It seems only fair that I, now, give them the opportunity to express themselves. This blog is for them, to share their stories, their thoughts on modern life, whatever they choose. Let's call me LivingWithGhosts. It's up to them now to tell you their names... www.twitter.com/elspethm11 http://mitresquaremurder.soup.iohttp://mitresquaremurder.deviantart.com

Thursday, May 19, 2011

LivingWithGhosts - Knowing Who's Posting

LivingWithGhosts here.
Since there are going to be a lot of different people posting here in the near future, I just wanted to give a heads-up as to how the system is going to function. Here are the basic rules:


  • Every post title will start with the name of the writer, so you'll always know whose writing you're reading -- i.e. "LivingWithGhosts" or "Alan".

  • This will be followed by the title of the particular post -- i.e. "Introduction".

  • The name of the particular author will always be in the tags/labels, as well as the general subjects, as much as possible, so you should be able to read only posts by a particular person or about a particular historical event by clicking the relevant tag. Let me know if this isn't working out and I'll try to fix it.

  • Each room-mate will have their own particular style as far as font, etc. That choice is entirely up to them. Their spelling and dialect also vary from person to person. Please be kind in regards to any grammatical errors they may make and keep in mind that you are reading entries from people from all different backgrounds and times and many of them never had access to education. You may come to recognise certain styles by certain room-mates - kudos to you, if so!

  • Not all room-mates are as comfortable addressing the internet as some others are. Some will be quite vocal, some you may hear from once or never. Please feel free to ask any questions you have and don't be shy about engaging particular persons in discussion - do kindly keep in mind, however, that some are more shy than others and be respectful of that.

  • Questions and comments are not only encouraged -- they completely make our day! Please feel free to let us know what you think or feel about our blog. Just please be respectful.

That said, I hope you enjoy reading Memories of Ghosts!
~LivingWithGhosts

No comments:

Post a Comment